Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you said your "old" traction bar design wears out control arm bushings in around 10,000 miles or so. But since I have to replace mine, and I already have polyurethane ones waiting to go in, do you think it would wear out the poly's that fast too? I'm thinking the poly's should last longer, but I'm hoping it's years not months.

I'm in desperate need of traction, first and most of second are useless to me, all I do is spin. I have good tires and coil overs already. The coil overs did kill the wheel hop tho.

Merry Christmas and thanks for all you do for us MX-6ers.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Why not just pm him?

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
I dont think I ever estimated a time that they will ruin the bushings. But they do put more stress on the bushings and will wear them out over a period of time. Many people are using them, I guess the best thing to do is ask those who use them most.

The big thing I dont like about them is they require realignment after being put on. The difference they make is marginal but it can be enough to wear out the tires improperly.,
Poly should be fine IMO.

And traction bars wont prevent you from spinning. They just reduce or eliminate wheel hop that damages the drivetrain.
If your spinning you need to upgrade tires and or size. Thats the big problem with making power in these cars, FWD.. alot of spinning.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked up the tarction bars and see what you mean. They really don't add any "down force". The tires are good and size is too, just too much damned power I guess...lol. Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Keep in mind that wheelspin is probably saving other parts of the drivetrain right now. If you really are making "too much" power and you hook up with (near)slicks, the next weakest link in the chain will be exposed, such as halfshafts or spider gears...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts