Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out where the Lambda sensor is on later model cars.
On earlier models the sensor is on the exhaust side of the first connection from the manifold but on the Ford Probe the Lambda is on the manifold side, is this the same for later model 6's as well?

If you have replacement SS headers fitted the sensor is on the manifold side (I already know that) no matter what year your car is.

Mark

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
which one, front or rear?

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They are both in the same place on the system (front and back) but the front would be the easyiest to see.
Just need to know if it is manifold side of the first connection (manifold to exhaust) or exhaust side.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hi Mark, I just had a look on mine and its in the same place as the early models. Mines a 1996 P Reg.

Tried to take a pic for you but cant get the camera in there without getting the spanners out.

I dont see why the o2 sensor would be where you have indicated on the pic. Thats the manifold and wouldnt lend itself to having the sensor mounted in it as it would cause a weak spot in the casting.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before I lost my last car I bought a brand new bottom section from someone who had a V6 Probe thinking they were the same, but it turns out the later Probes the O2 is in the manifild, if you buy replacement SS headers for a 6 the O2 is in the manifold section as well.
I dont need this now and before I offerd it for sale to the Probe owners I was going to offer it to any later model 6 owners if it fit.

Thanks for that

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts