Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a really good question, i put a weapon r dragon intake on my 92, and the idle drops till the car cuts off , like at a stoplight or something, it didnt do that before with the other filter, and it doesnt do it with the oem airbox, i cant figure this out, i looked at it for two hours todAY, THERE IS NO AIR LEAK, THE FLOW METER IS PLUGGED UP, AND ALL THE HOSES THERE IS NO LEAK, it just started yesterday, and like i said it just idles at 1000 rpms, and drops all the way till the car almost cuts off(sometimes does)am i just trippin, or do any of you know any suggestions????????

·
Registered
271 Posts
Idle

Hey bro!!! I had that same problem and all I had to do was adjust my throttle cable, where the butterfly is(above fuel injectors). I think all you need are like two wrenches. Do it while the car is running until you get a good idle. I've had mine working for about 6 months now and it rocks. Good luck.
Tate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dude your tha man, i hope it works, i never thought of that. i started to think it was in the plugs, or something, i will try it tomorrow, thanks again,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TATEEVEN, i had another question, the " butterfly" i dont know what your are talkin about, be any way you could walk me through the steps, thanks again,

·
Registered
271 Posts
IDLE

The butterfly is the throttle lever. It's a little round thing right above your fuel injectors on the throttle body. On it you will see the accelerator cable. There are two nuts holding it on to a little braket. All you have to do is adjust them so it pulls your throttle a little wider so the idle will pop back up. It is right on the throttle body. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Tate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another possible solution

If raising the idle doesn't work, then the problem is in one of your temp. sensors. The one the controls the choke. What has happened is that you've allowed more cool air in and its throwing off the idle so your computer trys to compensate lowering the idle until the broken sensor reaches the levels that it thinks are acceptable. If changing the idle doesn't work have the temp sensor looked at, its not very expensive at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, j i replaced the coolant sensor about two weeks ago ( only because it looked terrible), but that is an idea too

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tateeven, thats a little clearer, i thought thats what you were talking about, but wasnt too sure, i will give ir a try, and see what happens.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts