Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much horspower does the mx-6 have?
93 6c and 4c? no modification straight from the factory. ???????????????????

·
Registered
42 Posts
The 93-97 MX6 LS 2.5L V6 is 164HP bone stock....which is quick enough to beat a few other stock imports (but not fast enough).

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
the 4-banger has 118HP yes gets it to the wheels in such a way that it can easily take out 140HP+ cars of the same weight. avengers, eclipses, etc...

·
Registered
84 Posts
hey I was wondering, how much hp does the 4cly get at the wheels with an atx and mtx? Just wanted to know how much hp I was losing due to my atx.

Also I read something funny somewhere. I'm not sure if this is true but it said that the ls only had 160 hp and the 4 banger had only 114 from 93-96 but in 97 mazda made a few minor adjustments or something and got 164 and 118. I wish I knew where I read it at.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
mxblitz said:
hey I was wondering, how much hp does the 4cly get at the wheels with an atx and mtx? Just wanted to know how much hp I was losing due to my atx.
A 164HP MTX V6 gets to the wheels with about 135HP, giving a drivetrain loss of about 18%. ATX V6s are about 10HP less, giving a loss through the ATX of about 24%

If we apply about the same losses to the 4-banger, the MTX would put something like 97HP to the wheels and the ATX about 90HP. Maybe a bit more since the losses through the drivetrain might be less, percent-wise, for the 4-cyl.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
an ATX is an automatic transmission
an MTX is a manual transmission, or a standard transmission (same thing)

you can tell by looking at your pedals. your pedals are located near the floor on the drivers side where the driver would normally put his/her feet when operating the vehicle. they look like rectangles and are usually black. they have pieces of metal attaching them to the car.

if you have 2, you have an ATX, if you have 3, you have an MTX. dont we feel educated now?

... hey im just playin man...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
if you have 5 spoke rims and youre MX-6 emblem is on the driver side, you have a 2 door.

also another giveaway is the door handles. if you have 2 door handles, you have 2 doors... LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts