Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the aftermarket speakers in my doors (which really aren't all that powerful) cause the interior door panels to vibrate. Has anyone else had this problem? With the unusual shape of the speaker mount, I've found it difficult to find anything to try and dampen the sound. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, am considering buying an aftermarket security system with remote keyless entry to replace the factory security system. Has anyone installed a system themselves? How difficult was it? I was planning to buy it from Crutchfield and I know they send detailed instructions, but I didn't want this to be a day-long project or anything. Was thinking that the most difficult thing was going to be installing the horn in the engine bay. Any insight on this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have found the *factory* speakers in my 6 are causing vibrations! I am about to upgrade the head unit and speakers so I will be definitely be sound deadening the doors.

I'm not sure if this product is available where you are, but here in Australia my boyfriend did his doors with a product called Brown Bread. It's made in the UK and costs A$20 (US$10) a roll. It is basically a thin roll of a bitumen type substance with adhesive on one side and alfoil on the other.

Once you've done both doors you'll really notice the difference and the door also has a much nicer, more solid sound when closing.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts