Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this has been bugging me for quite a while in my 88 mx6 lx there is a box under the passanger seat what is that for? Is it supposed to be there or is mine just weird?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
its most likely the factory subwoofer 8"

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a subwoffer as in "thump thump thump"
subwoffer but only not was loud?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
its a little weak 8" (might even be a 6" idk i dont have one:)) that over 20 years has degraded and probably barely works at all but yes it is a subwoofer. unbolt the seat and flip it over and you will see a speaker

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man ill do that was that not standard then its an option?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
its a little weak 8" (might even be a 6" idk i dont have one:)) that over 20 years has degraded and probably barely works at all but yes it is a subwoofer. unbolt the seat and flip it over and you will see a speaker
more like 5" if i remember right :lol:

thanks man ill do that was that not standard then its an option?
it was standard on the gt i think.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my car is a lx thought so its just an option upgrade then? right?

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Not sure on the MX6's, but on the Probes, the subwoofer was never standard. The only way it came was as an added option.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
IT is a 4.5" speaker cone in a 6" speaker housing.. and it is only a 20 watt amplifier. Little more than something to rumble the butt cheeks of the passenger.... if it is a lady they might just like it... maybe.. otherwise it is pretty much dead weight, especially if you have an aftermarket stereo...

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Ok this has been bugging me for quite a while in my 88 mx6 lx there is a box under the passanger seat what is that for? Is it supposed to be there or is mine just weird?
Ya know what bugs me, non-descriptive thread titles

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.