Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the variable power steering, but sometimes when i slow down for parking lots, it doesn't go back to being easy. When it does this, it makes a sound like an old bushing (kind of a wreaky wreaky noise...) Second, I have the am/fm/cassette/cd/amp setup in my dash, will normal radio's fit in there, and can i put a console cover form a car with a normal radio in mine and have everything look decent. I think the factory radio is shot, it kinda comes on and off by itself, and it makes alot of static, even with cd's....

·
Registered
666 Posts
What I had to do about the power steering, is first, check the fluid. If it's full, bleed the system. The way you do this is leave the cap off, and turn the wheel side to side a few turns WITHOUT hitting the stops. If you have a friend, have them do it while you make sure the level doesn't drop too low. If doing it yourself, check every couple of turns and make sure you have enough fluid. Keep doing it till the level doesn't drop anymore. If that doesn't fix it, I'd guess your power steering pump is shot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts