Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Joanna and I live in the Manchester NH area and I have a '93 Mx6 5-speed which I LOVE very much. It has 180k miles though, and I am kind of wondering how much more life it has left! It still runs pretty solid, and I keep up with regular maintenance like oil changes and such. Also, when I have it in any gear, the shift knob still moves around quite a bit, it doesn't seem to be a problem, but then again I am a girl and I don't know too much about cars :rolleyes: I would appreciate any feedback.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Some mx6's run well past 200k, its all up to the owner and the maitenance that the car has gotten over the years. Also if you beat on it or not cuz i know i beat the hell out of mine(hence it breaking all the time)

But yeah, the shift Knob getting lose is very common. Just go to a junkyard or something and grab a new one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info :) And I might have said the shift knob thing wrong, it's not just the knob part being loose (although it is as well), it's the whole thing. Since this is hard to explain, I'll try to give an example- when it is in 2nd gear, it can move and look like its over in 4th gear, etc. Again I don't know if that is an actual problem, but I was just curious. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
If the whole shifter is loose chances are the bushings have worn out. With 180K there might not even be bushings left. So for the sake of your tranny, you should have those replaced and get back that solid shifter feeling. I'm from Portsmouth, btw. Welcome to the site. :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Yeah the bushings are junk on 2nd gen mx6's/probe's. Get those done and youl be all set.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help, I'll definitely check into that :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
hey welcome to the site, and all... I'm from Salem, Nh but i'm always up in manchester because i go to southern Nh university..... you don't happen to drive a maroon mx-6 would u?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
italianjs said:
hey welcome to the site, and all... I'm from Salem, Nh but i'm always up in manchester because i go to southern Nh university..... you don't happen to drive a maroon mx-6 would u?
Nope, my mx-6 is silver, and it says Low on Fuel on the back window in old english font- it's my friend's cruisin club. I actually live in Merrimack, but I'm in Manch-vegas all the time cuz thats where my friends are and I go to UNHM.

·
Registered
198 Posts
thats sweet, u cute? heheheh

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
italianjs said:
thats sweet, u cute? heheheh
I've been told so ;) You could always pm me or IM me at JscootieK and find out... By the way were you on south willow street at all last night (sat night)? cuz I saw a dark green '6...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey, ya i'll take u on on that offer work out some love connection maybe hahahahhah! No that wasn't me on WIllow st. i was down in hometown of Salem, NH at the haunted mansion with friends that night!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts