Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im the new guy 95mx6 name is Chris i got some questions for you guys that maybe u can help me answer

#1 i been through 4 tranny's in 107k miles why ?? i dont rag it nor do i race near enough to do this its a 95 4cyl is their a weak point in these trannys i dont know bout????

#2 im bout to redo my whole car in and out anyone got any advice for place to shop on here, links??

and anyone sellin any used parts or mods???

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
hello...

First, welcome to the club.
Second, is you car and auto (ATX) or manual (MTX)? We need to know that first. Also, be more specific, for example, was it the whole tranny or just the torque converter?
Lastly, do a search first, you'll find all kinds of goodies, and even if you don't find what your looking for you'll probably ask a more intelligent question. (And end up with a more intelligent answer.)
Cya around.
Claeren.

PS - try http://www.corksport.com (look in the 'links' area)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was told it was the whole tranny its a automatic and it cost 2700 bucks each time but it was under warranty but this time its not so im figurin its the whole tranny

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
hello again...

There are people on here that know this stuff better then me but I'll give it a shot anyways.

I drive a V6 ATX myself and have had some problems. For me it was mostly the torque converter, because of my racing up hills and, for that matter, racing all the frikin time which is hard, to say the least, on you car. Point is the best thing you can do for your tranny and your pocket book is not race ALL the time, and that includes being too aggressive at every light.
Second make sure you have good fluid and a good filter (you probably have a decent one now but I know some people have put in really nice ones). There has also been talk about (V6 anyways) putting in a cooling unit connected to our tranny because sometimes we experience hyper-fast heating which is bad (duh) and that seems to work, to get more info on this stuff do a search or ask around more, its that 'Bradbary(?) PGT/MX6 site', anyone?
On a more unfounded note the people who fixed my tranny found some old notice about a small program error or some slide/glide that doesn't work or something like that, I really don't know and I wish I did but i don't. Good luck finding out, shop people never answer vague questions like 'I heard at the mx6 website that...'.
Anyways, I have also heard that there are issues with how we use the hold button (do you have one?) for a general rule don't use it, especially while accelerating.
The last thing i can think to tell you about is looking into 'Level 10' tranny products. ( http://www.level10.com ???) They have some interesting things but is it worth it? dunno.
If it makes you feel any better the ATX would have to be the weakest part of the car and the KL engines have a rep for being near indestructible. (except for the gasket seals)

Those are some random leads for you to look into, good luck to you,
Cya.
Claeren.

[Edited by Claeren on 03-28-2001 at 01:10 AM]

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The tranny should not go out like that if taken care of right. proper maintance on it should help it last longer( draining the fuild from the TC gets all the fuild out plus drain it from the rest of it. use the proper fuild. also you might to look into a tranny cooler, the mx6 4EAT tranny does not release heat well at all. heat is the killer of any tranny. using the cooler with keep the fuild cooler and make the tranny last longer, oh yeah, get the biggest that will fit on the front of the car with your front end.

the 4cyl., you might want to drop the jspec motor in there or put a TC or SC on here, and get a MTX( you can use the mx3 tranny too) you can put the cams and intake manifold or the pistons and rods and build up your engine and put a big TC on it, do a search on here and look for my name and you will find it( mx3 tranny).

are you doing body kit( erebuni, TC spoiler, mazdaspeed or custom body kit or wide body mx6 :eek: ), new ( different ) paint job, int. color change( dash and back dash and door and back pannel and seats and back seat in or out and carpet change) , LCD screen, TVs, DVD, Dreamcast, PS2, PS1, N64, drop out computer from the gloove box(laptop), gauges, sound system set up real nice( with lights around the amps and the speaker), how about racing seats with 4 point racing harnesses,steering wheel, shift knob, ebreak handle

if i think of anything else i will let you know later

i have some of that( front end and wing, int. redone just about, sound system set up, going to have the shift knob and ebreak, racing seats and harnesses,i have this exhaust and intake and GC coilovers, sturts, wheels(17in)

http://www.cdpautomachine.com/linecard/line_txt.html#top

tons and tons of web sites

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
holy crap man...

sounds like you had a little to much sugar before computer time!! =)
One thing at a time I think?
Do you know that website? (Bradbury?? PGT/MX6)
Cya.
Claeren

1 - 7 of 7 Posts