Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Diamnod Audio 6½ Components up front and some 6½" Kicker KS60s in the rear both amped. I have a set of 4" MB Quarts DKE-110s that are currently still in the box unused.

I was wondering since i have the components and rears amped, can I run the 4" speakers bridged off the deck? Its an Alpine CDA-9853 that would be powering the 4" speakers if its ok to bridge the deck. I was told by some guy at Tweeter you cant or you'll blow the deck very quickly.

Thanks in advance and karma as always.

-Tyler

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Besides the risk of blowing the HU, why would you bridge a set of midrange speakers? Run them in standard stereo mode, instead... you won't risk the deck, and you'll preserve stereo operation.

Am I missing something?

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
you can run them in a series.. therefore getting 8ohms but only in a single stereo config. . I used to do a 2 ohm set-up with my Headunit.. was no biggie. Actually most component speakers work out to two ohms... since both the tweet and the mid-range are 4 ohm.. you'll end up with a two ohm set up anyway. So its fine... but its your call.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
schwinn said:
Besides the risk of blowing the HU, why would you bridge a set of midrange speakers? Run them in standard stereo mode, instead... you won't risk the deck, and you'll preserve stereo operation.

Am I missing something?
Besides the fact that in regular stereo mode being run on one channel and them cutting out when I turn it up, you're missing nothing. Atleast thats what I think would happen. When I had my subs the speakers would cut out because the deck wasnt powerful enough. I think the speakers would do likewise.

-Tyler

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The deck won't "cut out" unless it's tripping the protection for the amplifier circuit. If that's what's happening, you are running speakers that are too low of an ohm-load for the deck. Putting them in series will work, as stated above, but the bottom line is that you need more power to the speakers. Putting midranges in series or bridged to an HU is a silly "solution" for the real thing - you need an amp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts