Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The outside handle mechanism is working fine. No interior linkage problems are evident either.

However, the door does not close properly... When I close it, the latch doesn't hook and the door pops back open a bit. It seems like something's blocking the latch from grabbing the latch post, unless I really slam the door.

Any quick fix advice? Seems like maybe some WD-40 would help things?

Who suggests what?

G

·
Help

I have the same problem. The bar that the latch mechanism attaches to(C-shaped on the car, not door)can be adjusted as it says in my manual, but I haven't been able to break loose those two large phillip head srews. I'm waiting till it warms up to try again.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
I have this problem somewhat on my mx6. I believe it has to do with that the doors sag down on the car as it ages, and as a result, the door striker no longer lines up perfectly with that bar. I think the best remedy would be to re-hang the whole door and get it in alignment once again, but I'm sure this would not be a fun task... I wonder if a dealer would do this?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
My car has high miles and I don't have any problems with doors saggin...mine shut fine. You guys with this problem, have you cars been in accidents?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, my ride was sandwiched (front and rear) two days after its first birthday (March 6, 1990) to the tune of $11k.

However, All the repairs have been made twice (what a story that is). The door closure thing has never been a problem until about a week ago. I'm confident that the issue is not related to the damage and/or repairs.

I'm going to tear the door apart this weekend to see what I can find. There's alot of rubberized coating on some of the latch parts and I think that this stuff degrading and falling off may be jamming things up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts