Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ze intake manifold has square ports, not oval like the 03 ports right? I'm askin this cause I saw what is advertised(sp?) as a 93 ze im with oval ports.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i thought, and whats w/ the:rolleyes: I knew they were square this guy swears he himself pulled it off a car in japan. I just wanted to make sure there wasnt somethin diffrent with the 93 or some other strange thing

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yip could be a KFZE.. this is a KLDE and a KFZE together..

It does resemble a ZE one but it not going to be as good an improvement as a Ze manifold..

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for the help, but im really confused now, it niether of those, it looks like a kl03 except it has a much longer but is has the longer neck like the kfze, except that the neck is straight not curved(actually its at an angle slight ly upward) mabys its from an mx3 a-spec?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts

basicaly if it dont look like this you dont want it.. :(

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ok im totaly lost, compared pic of an actual klze intake w/ this one, and ill be damned inf there not identical except for those damn oval ports. ok heres some pics what do ya think?

edit: damnit i cant figure out how to post pics, just put the adresses in and the pic should come up

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
well bugger me.. .that does look just like a ZE many … except the ports.. don’t suppose the motor is available for getting some numbers from?..
that is a first 4 me..

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blew my mind too I'm at a complete loss, if it truly is a ze intake with oval ports it is quite a find......direct bolt on.........

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Yea but half the benefit of the ZE many is square ports /larger, more free flowing .. but certainly worth a try.. but I wouldn’t buy it till you know if it is going to be an improvement..
See if you can try B4 U buy

·
Registered
229 Posts
i can't see the pics..

is it the IM that has the oval ports?

does the IM have the small egr bore near cyl #5?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts