Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just bought a cheap civic sts on ebay and i just wanted to find out if the stock shifter will thread onto the civic sts. My instincts say no but the writeup says something to the effect that the stock shifter will fit over the sts.... What is the deal?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I dont see why it wouldnt. Dont know for sure though, becasue I have an aftermarket shift knob on mine, but it should. Why not unscrew your stock shift knob and try it out real quick?

EDIT: I think thats what you meant, right? Im confused

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea thats what i meant, i just havent received the sts yet and if i need another shift knob i'd like to order the greddy counterbalanced one real quick. Thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
hey I have the greddy countershift knob on my stock 95rs shifter. It was actually for my 300zx but it threaded up just fine. And I believe that on the greddy website it says the shifter is for nissan/honda. so in theory it should work fine. By the way, definately order the knob off of ebay. It's a shit load cheaper. Later.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I disagree. I put a Civic STS in my gf's 93 LS and the threading was definitely different. I had her hit the local PYP and grab a knob off a Honda/Acura (she got it off a Prelude I think) and it fit just fine as expected.

However, you can probably force it on but then it's trash to the stock threading if you ever wanted to sell it or put your stock shifter back.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
i'm using a pgt shift knob on my civic sts and it went on with no probs at all

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
Maybe it's the style STS.. Here's the one I picked up.
I had that style of Integra/Civic STS before I got my B&M, and I was able to use my stock shift knob on either the Integra/Civic and B&M.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts