Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I replace the timing belt tensioner arm and hydraulic tensioner will I need to redo the timing? How hard are these guys to change? Belt and water pump were just replaced and now the tensioner are going south.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Hi patentguy, you have not specified which car or engine you have in your question, nor have you filled in your details on your profile, if you could do so, its going to help people help you :tup:

Having never changed the belt personally, on either model, i cannot comment on how difficult it is to get to, but i would suggest you do check your timing afterwards.

Oddy.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Looking at his previous posts it looks like a 93 MX6 LS, should put that in you profile bro...

You will need to basically do a timing belt job all over again...why didn't you replace the tensioner and hydrualic arm when you did the belt. No offense, but those are no brainers. You can buy a OEM arm from www.fordpartsonline.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.