Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found four rims from an LX Probe in a junkyard. I am not sure the year of the probe, but it does have the same engine as my LX 6, so i assume is it a first gen. Are these rims guarnteed to fit? i need to know before 3:00!!!

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Most likely. The probe and mx6 share the same drive axle parts, and the probe rims will fit on all mx6's as far as I know. Even the newer probe rims will fit on the 1st gen mx6 (I have seen pictures, including smachan's car, which has 16" 2nd gen probe GT wheels on it).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes they will fit. I put a set of '93 MX6 wheels on my DX and they transformed the way my car looks and feels on the road. I was able to "check" how they looked on my car beforehand by using a picture I'd downloaded from Rendell's website(thanx!) and then pasting on a pic of the soon to be mine wheels.

·
Registered
405 Posts
if you were going to put a set of probe rims on your car i would use the second gens. the 16" rim is alot better than the 15 for handling purposes. if you were worried about weight, then you wouldnt want them. i think my swirlies weigh around 22 lbs each. you can get a good set of aftermarket wheels that weigh around 10 lbs. for warned though, you will pay for them. i paid 300 for wheels and tires.

info note:
i belive the cobra/rx7 rims fit our cars as well. dont quote me on that, but i am almost positive they do.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yep, RX7 rims do fit. I have 88 GXL rims, and they look great, with no problems. I'm trying to find some Rx7 turboII rims, as I think that they will fit, and they are 16's.

G

·
will these rims fit

I think that if you want rims you should spend a little money. I thought about putting madze rx7, ford probe, and madza millenia s rims on my madza mx6. but in the end I bought 16 that match the color of my car and they are 2 piece. Then I put on some 225/45-16 tires. you cant beat the custom look and performance of it.

1988 madza mx6 lx 5sp
194,000 miles
90,000 with new moter

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I've really wanted Mellinia wheels for a long time...the turbine kind with exposed lugs...not the newer chrome style...I want the ones that were on the first mellenia S's. Very expensive though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts