Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 mazda mx6 ls automatic i want to upgrade my car to get more horsepower. What should i start with that will give me more horses and less noise?:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Most of your normal performance mods arent gonna make your car quiter. For example, all the aftermarket exhaust are louder than your stock setup. Intakes are somewhat louder,they make somewhat of a growl, and thats what we all love about them. I personally love the noise the intake makes, and finished off nicely with an aftermarket exhaust. Pretty much the only mods that arent audible really, would be an underdrive pulley, some internal work, wires, plugs, you cant hear headers really either. If noise is your concern in your journey of modding your car, you are more than likely going to have a hard time finding parts that are quiter than stock. A majority of peoples first mod is the intake, followed usually by exhaust, then springs, wheels, headers, etc. whatever floats your boat. I hope I was able to help you out a little bit. Good luck in your search for quite performance parts.
Later,
Robert

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, if you made an MX6 quieter it'd be almost silent! The only mod I can think of that doesn't make it louder would be a manual transmission, but that's not really feasable.

Borla exhaust is louder than stock, but not very loud. Also you can buy mufflers with silencers, like the silencers that trumpet players use. The problem is it cuts down on power that could otherwise be gained by using a free flowing muffler. So basically it's almost impossible to get faster and still not be louder than stock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quiet the car

One thing that will quiet the car is dynamat--see stereo installers. The car has a fair amount of road noise that I think would be ameliorated by dynamat in the doors and/or floorboards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts