Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Back in September I posted a thread of how do you cope with greif, when we found out that Granddad had been diagnosed with Terminal Cancer. Well I guess I had thought that I had it down pat by now and I was ready. I guess you can never really be sure you're ready.

Dad phoned me at 10:30 this morning to tell me that Granddad Bull past away at 20:30pm last night.

At present it doesn't feel real, we only just found out last weekend that our house in Kinglake Victoria was definately destroyed by the 2009 fires and now Granddad passing away from cancer.

I am still shaking from the thought but haven't cried much. I think the tears will come when the shock settles. I know many people lose loved ones and by far I am not the first person, nor will be the last.

But I have never lost anyone so close to me and so important in not only my life but my families lives.

I wrote Granddad a poem in September (can't remeber if I posted it or not before) when I found out he was going to die from terminal cancer.

Granddad-

A great old Aussie hero
You've been around the best
Walked Australia on foot
How that was a mighty test
Written many a good poem
And then a book or too

Grandma by your side
You shall never be alone
That day you finally leave us
Will be a great untold sorrow

Yet through all the pain I feel
I'll remember the good times
And then I'll share a smile
For all those pleasant rhymes

The days you kept us laughing
With your fun and silly games
Like cards and ships and fishing
That will help assist the pain

I know you’re not yet gone
And I wish you wouldn't leave
But I cannot change the future
Your pain I cannot ease

I love you with all my heart
And even once you’re gone
With everything around us
Your memory will live on

So I would like to dedicate this little space of Thread to my Granddad, David 'Bull' Howison 19/02/2009.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
sorry to hear mate, such a tradgety to lose people, more so due to the fires :( I lost my granddad a few months ago (to a stroke) and my pop had a stroke 2 weeks ago (going to see him this weekend), our thoughts are with you and yours during this time

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
again, terribly sorry to here that.

im sure all of us in the Aus section are here for you should you need to discuss idle car banter.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much guys.

I know this thread isnt car related, I just wanted to dedicate a little spot aside for him.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
there are a lot of threads here that arent car related =)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts