Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with a heavy heart and extreme sadness that I must inform you of the death of one of our own. My 95 mx6 ls was struck with the extreme illness of a slung rod last week. at 165000 miles, this 18 year old vehicle served me well through 6 years of spirited driving. She tried to fight through it on the drive back home, but after a lot of knocking and about ten minutes of going about 15 mph, i heard her take her dying breath. It sounded something like a piston rod going through the engine block.
Two days later,not because of choice but because of necessity and lack of capital, i purchased a 2005 mazda 3. I must say I miss my old 6 but we all have to move on at one point or another in life. I only hope that I can eventually scrape together enough money to put her through the major operation of an engine swap.
Please pray for me for the sole fact that my new car is much less fun... :(

·
Registered
717 Posts
at least it is a mazda. :tup:

here's my advice: snag a V6 from a 98+ 626. Should be a lot less expensive then a ZE. and your '6 will be resurrected from the dead!

btw, you made me cry out with laughter in a quiet school computer lab cause of your sig. LOL! :p

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
My 95 mx6 ls was struck with the extreme illness of a slung rod last week. at 165000 miles, this 18 year old vehicle served me well through 6 years of spirited driving.
Unless it's the year 2013 already your car is only 13 years old.... :angel:

Keep her alive man! Swap a ZE into it or hold onto it until you can build a monster motor like mine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oops

I never claimed to be a mathematician. haha. i'm glad I made some days better with my post.

by the way, because of the damn automatic i am now driving I got a speeding ticket for 23 over. The damn thing just keeps creeping up toward 90 on the highway. After driving the mx6 for 6 years its hard to get used to the automatic tran.

·
Registered
138 Posts
autos blow! I know how you feel! they are always in the wrong gear too (at least I feel like they are lol)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts