Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This shade tree mechanic is running out of ideas. I am trying to replace the passenger side CV Shaft assembly. Shaft is loose of the Hub knuckle. A pry bar (as stated in the Haynes manual) and crow bar did not pull the CV shaft loose from the intermediate shaft. Hooked a chain and slide hammer to the CV Shaft and it moved about 1/8 inch.

·
Registered
626 Posts
yeah thats normal :(, your lucky it hasnt broke apart they broke apart on both my probe and my sisters probe, it does that cause its not sitting in trans oil or anything take of the intermediate shaft (3 bolts) slide out the whole assembly then hit the inner cv off the intermediate shaft it will take some force to get it off just try not to bend the c clip when you do it so hit evenly around the inner cv and you should be alright

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
have him disconnect the intermediate shaft. (2-3 bolts) Then whole assembly will then slide right out. Then he can put it on a bench and wack the shit out of it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
have him disconnect the intermediate shaft. (2-3 bolts) Then whole assembly will then slide right out. Then he can put it on a bench and wack the [shizzle] out of it.
read before you post? i just said that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts