Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been wondering what consists racing...
there's the 1/4 mile, street race ...blah blah
But i am starting feel that Once two cars get on the line and either gun it, does that really tell you are a good driver...?
yes, there are good shifting technic to reduce your time, but how about street? I think once ur on the street, your way of manuvering around the road is very important and You just can't claim a win after 3 seconds of flooring it...

Good question to think about...though there are not really a rule on racing...and that's why its so fun and dangerous as well...

I just listen to people saying "Yeah, I smoked him!" but then they were just stepping it to 50mph and then slow down...ya maybe, but I don't think that's really smoking him...he might be a really good driver with a bad car and he might want to take u on the light to light basis without going crazy.

Something to think about i guess...:idea:

And if people agree, I did this to a eagle talon AWD turbo about 3 days ago. She wanted to race me but the line wasn't clear. I told her lets see if she can drive the nice car she got since she came and trash talked to me. She said she'd kick my ass, and I'm like, ya of course, but not in the street way.

I just drove around 50-60, manuvering my car around 6 cars or so, got a clear lane before her and I gunned it . Is that smoking her? or is it not?

Either way, I at least show her that 6's are not to be messed [email protected] @-

ahhh so much to think about....
cars, and girl that I don't have anymore....XO
:freak:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Smoking somebody is basically racing, without obstruction, when both of you try, and genuinely work your cars as good and as hard as you can. Off the line, or from a moving start, the start and finish are decided by whoever bails first or if the winner becomes obvious... those are the rules to me. The rules define themselves most of the time, and weaving through heavy traffic like a jackass better than anyone else does not constitute smoking anyone..... it constitutes you smoking CRACK and wanting to die.

Mike

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I would heartily disagree with that last post. Yes racing on the road is for dumbasses, but it is hardly racing when "My car is better than yours". If you've noticed professional racing consist of very similar, if not exact cars (in fact toyota Cart atlactic chapionship is the exact same setup), it is the driver which makes the race, not the cars by themselves. Hell give any joe schmoe a Diablo and Andretti in a Corolla and i bet to hell the joe is gonna win. Watch a race on tv, most are not about getting off the line, but about maneuvering, drafting, braking, steering, sliding and general hoopha's that most schmoe would never do. I am surprise at how many "racers" out there has never do a simple 180 or a control slide through a turn. If you want real racing, go find an empty parking lot, set up some cones, and see who can really drive, not who has more money to spend on their car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
here, here!

no kidding... i just tried the autocross racing last week for the first time... man it was a blast & a half... now that's what racing is all about. there's everything from crappy beater civics to z06 corvettes to a mercedes sedan, and they're mostly on an even playing field, cuz it's all about driver skill. plus it's a legal, sanctioned, official race. & what's more is our cars aren't really built so much for straight line anyway, they're more built for handling and fun driving. :thumbs up:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts