Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after dropping my friend off at like 2.30 am sunday morning I didn't really feel like going home, so I was out just driving around and spied me a later model CRX Si with an exhaust I could see, so I folowed him for a little while, and eventually we got to a light side by side, and we rolled down the window and agreed to race. I didn't think i would do too well but i thought what the hell, may as well have some fun. So he revs it up, light goes green and i hit the gas, got a little too much wheel spin, damn winter tires, so he jumped out to a small leadf. I got a little more wheel spin going into second but was still ahead of him and was ahead for the rest of the race, until about 100kmph, when he was just off my back bumper but i was pulling away, I don't think he was gonna catch me, and the road was kinda crappy and bumpy, so I shut down, I realize it may have been a little early, but i would rather be a ***** who backs down first then a moron with car wrapped around a lightpost. Anyway, i talked to the guy after and he was really cool. He said his car was a 1.6L with a header and exhaust. I was quite pleased with my car given my high mileage, 180,000kms and crappy atx.

O yeah, the guy was dressed like Indiana Jones, he was on his way home from a costume party.

-Bryce

G

·
LOL, and he was in his *whip* (pun totally intendid).:D Man, that was cheesy.

Good kill.:tup: Oh, and bonus points for shutting it down when you did too.:):tup:

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, oh yeah, a 1.6L, that is the D16 right? I dont really know my honda engines very well...

-Bryce

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thesunwentout said:
My buddy has one of those 91 si crx's with a inntake, exuast and headers and was 16.9's all day!! :rolleyes:
WOW he is almost in the 17s tell him to add a system and some bigger rims and he will be there

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Si[xXx]er said:
Thanks, oh yeah, a 1.6L, that is the D16 right? I dont really know my honda engines very well...

-Bryce
i thought it might be the B16 or H16 ? i know there is a h22a..

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WantFE3inGC said:
i thought it might be the B16 or H16 ? i know there is a h22a..
I'm pretty sure it isn't the B16 or the h22a. I think the h22a is the prelude motor, with a displacement of 2.2L, and I thought the B16 was the jdm vtec motor, but I could be wrong, maybe it is the H16...anyone else know?

-Bryce

·
Registered
107 Posts
there is no h16, an h22a is 2.2L DOHC vtec outa of certain preludes, i b16 is outt of a newer civic si and is a 1.6l dohc vtec. the crx si and older civic si are 1.6L SOHC 112 hp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts