Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, does anyone know, or tried upgrading their computer for performace, or added a racing chip? If so, how was it and was it worth the money? Who does that kind of thing?

·
Registered
440 Posts
i heard that i doesnt really work if anything like a few hp. but dont take my word for it i could be wrong

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
93 MX6, LS I'll assume. The only performance effects you'll get from a upgraded ECU will be a lightening effect, mostly seen in hte wallet region of the car. The upgraded ECUs generally do very little in a Naturally aspirated car and even less if it's stock. (Intake and muffler do not constitute highly modded.) Until you have cams, intake, exhaust, header(s), bored tb, and about every other bolt on you can name I wouldn't even think about it. If you need info on what is effective just post. We'll help you out. If you have a 4 banger there's a VERY nice performance upgrade FAQ put together by Parisal, (Hope I'm giving credit to the right person here.)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Spomka said:
You should go check at www.jetchip.com there is one for mx6 and it's good . I can tell because i'm running JET chip and i like it.
I'd love to see some dyno sheets that prove the extra power. Because all the people that actually do dyno have no gains or even losses in some cases. The only ECU upgrades I can recommend are the ZE ECU if you upgrade to that engine..... maybe ZE cams and IM would be enough to warrant it. Or if you have heavy mods a reprogrammed ECU programmed to your specs. (BTW, by heavily modded I mean FI or TOTALLY rebuilt engine.)

parisifal said:
NO your not giving credit to the right person,

it's parisifal :D
Yeah, I can't spell......
At least I didn't credit it to Rick or something. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts