Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good opportunity to buy a racing seat for my mx-6, cept its just the seat, no frame included. How does the installation go for one of these puppies. I have no experience at all

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Keeloh, that thread helped out

So if the seats come with a bracket that don't fit, could I fab something up easily?

If so has anyone ventured down that road. Fabbing a bracket to fit.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
If this is for your MX-6 DX, I would recommend just finding the LX/GT MX-6 seats and calling it a day. The LX/GT MX-6 seats are very supportive (as opposed to the cheapo DX seats) and should suit your needs just fine.

I know one member had a heck of a time getting a "racing" seat installed in his DX. He ended up having problems with the seat being too tall, seatbelts not working, lost access to back seat, etc. In the end he wished he would have just gotten LX/GT seats and saved the headache.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
My RACING SEATS are like if i had new STOCK SEATS, dont have a problem with the seat being to high or seat belts not working or not fitting. Just try to get some brackets.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have a spare 1992 LX but the colors are clashing, Blue/black interior with tan seats...

Maybe, I'll see if he has brackets.

But If not no big loss, I will throw on my M/S racing wheel to make myself happy.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I wouldnt give up my GT seats for "racing seats" any day, not happening. the stock GT seats are brilliant.

·
Premium Member
3,096 Posts
I fitted a fixed bac kbucket seat into my old TX5. I used Bride R34 GTT seat rail. The outside edge of the rails bolted up with the inside edge requiring the mounting tabs to be shifted out by 1/2 inch and the rear mount rotated from vertical mount to horizontal. I used some plate to offset the seat to suit the rails. The rails also had a provision for the belt buckle. Came up a treat.

·
Registered
589 Posts
You need to make your own seat frames.

I used the mounting points of the original seat frames, welded some metal strips on those, the universal sliders that came with the seats on there and installed the seats on those. Took some work but fits perfect.

Since the racing seats are a lot slimmer than the stock ones... didn't leave a very pleasing sight at the sides:

So I solved that by sawing some wooden strips and upholstering them to cover the brackets.

Overall picture:

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
But the stocks are better :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
if you wanted to loose some weight off the stock gt seats, pull the height adjuster out of the drives seat. i used a 626 dx seat track to delete mine and saved about 10lbs in the process :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts