Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ive been thinking about getting some new seats becaus my drivers seat has a noticable cigarett burn in it from the previous owner i was wondering what you thought of thies. seats
it says they come with sliders too. i know thiers arent going to be like sparcos or anything but thats a deal. and i think they look nice. i fugure the resone thier so cheap is its not a origonal design and thier heavy. if youve found better deals let me know

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
They're fine looking seats but i have two concerns. These both come from when i bought and installed my seats. Firstly, the "sliders" that came with mine would allow me to slide the seats forward and backward, but if you take out your stock seat and look at where it bolts down, it's not flat like most cars. there is a hump where the front bolt hole is, so using flat sliders, which most seats come with, won't work. Secondly, and less importantly, my stock seats were rock hard when I got them. Now, I knew this before I bought them because they were on display at the store I got them from and the price was really good for blue seats (400 for the set). After about four months of daily use, the driver's seat is really soft, but still not as soft as the stock ones. For the brackets, I had to have some specially made to compromise the hump that the front bolt is on. Good luck though, that price is really good.
Crooks

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks im shure thiers someway i can make this work even if i have to limit the range in wich i can slide back and forth

·
Registered
60 Posts
add leather

im tellling you just take your old seats and redo the laether or add leather....if u have leather and repair them?? they look so much better then the raceing seats..i know becuase i bought them and then returned them. and redid my old seats...i get so many compliments!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if the seats bracets wont match up with stock sliders i could just put the stock bracketts on the new seat or i could also you the aftermarket bracket and sliders supplied and bolt it a little furter back on the floor and just have the seats slid all the way forward.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
I sat in some black Corbeau Racing seats in a friends maxima, and maaan those seats are REALLY Nice. They are very comfortable and tight around the body and firm. Feels like a race car and yes you'll need to use brackets made for the car.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
if the seats bracets wont match up with stock sliders i could just put the stock bracketts on the new seat or i could also you the aftermarket bracket and sliders supplied and bolt it a little furter back on the floor and just have the seats slid all the way forward.
It's not as simple as bolting the seats farther back because only 2 of the 4 necessary bolts will be connected so if you were to lean back or put any weight on the backrest, the seat will lean all the way back and stuff sort of like an office chair. And I tried matching my stock brackets and sliders to the new seats, but the bolt holes didn't match up at all and then I had two levers to slide the chair back and two to lean the chairs back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You also have to consider, is it a good price or a cheap price, because you will get what you pay for. Espically when it comes to car seats. They are nice seats, for about a week , but then they loose the stiffness. This is because they use a foam that is nothing like the condensed foam use in your stock seats, but that isn't important.

Every set of "Universal" brackets won't work in any car. We put those seats, that you are looking to buy in my friends golf and there are two problems. 1, the brackets in the firat seat we put in took hours of welding and fitting, breaking apart, welding again and fitting again. Once they were in they looked good. Which leads me to problem 2. The racing part of the seat that curls up around you thighs, will wear out, fast. It will wear out on the left for the driver and right for a passinger. This will pull the foam away from the metal seat support, so when you slide you a$$ out of the seat it will hurt.

So in short if you like the seats go for it, they look good, but if you don't have the time or experience, or a friend who can weld the "universal" brackets every which way, then its probably not worth it.

But Hey if you need new seats in you bedroom for playing video games they work good for that!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Zoom Zoom v6 said:
It's not as simple as bolting the seats farther back because only 2 of the 4 necessary bolts will be connected so if you were to lean back or put any weight on the backrest, the seat will lean all the way back and stuff sort of like an office chair. And I tried matching my stock brackets and sliders to the new seats, but the bolt holes didn't match up at all and then I had two levers to slide the chair back and two to lean the chairs back.
i wasint talking about just moving the front to the rear bolts i was saying move the seat back and bolt the provided bracketts to the floor.

is thier no way i can bolt the stock brackets to the seat if the aftermarket brackets wont fit my factory sliders?

i guess mabe this was just somthing not ment to happen

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
you can make it work, they are just saying it might take a little bit of work.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Yeah, I suppose you could drill some new polt holes and rework the brackets and all that but I think that you'd be much better off saving up for some seats you've looked at in real life and stuff and having a shop put them in. This is gonna sound really bad, but if you buy seats from Pep Boys (they actually have non-APC seats that are realyl good at a good price) they have to install them for you nd they can deal with all the headaches and ****. Wish I had done that...
Crooks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts