Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
ummmm, when the car that your are diving crosses the line before the other persons car does , then you win
you will know when you lost the race if you meet the other person/car at the line and he's pointing and making dumbass comments..

i hope that answers your question

Edit - i don't mean to sound like a smartass... i just don't really know what your trying to ask with the "how do you know you won" in your question

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
wtf???? i thought I was like a dumbass....um..no, u have made me look like einstein goatman.:lol: @- :lol:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Goatman88 said:
What are the general "rules" of a street drag race? At what point have you won or not?
it depends on what kind of street drag race you are talking about...

if both cars race from a dig, there is usually a finish line or a destination to reach (IE - at the end of the gaurd rail approx 1/4 mile away) whoever gets there first can let others know by putting on hazzards...seems common in videos anyways.

Other races are from a roll, you usually start at a designated speed, then beep the horn and start the race. Usually in a race from a roll it is obvious who will win within the first few seconds, usually the race goes to a certain speed, or something cuts it off first.

Anyways, im sure there are plenty other things to talk about..
i have a funny feeling you are asking because you raced someone, beat him, but he ended up beating you to where you were going (macdonalds or something) this happened to me, my stupid ass friend passed me in the parking lot and said he won, but i know i smoked him when i was trying lol

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Who ever ends up puttin the 4ways on first.

Because, you can win and put them on, or lose and fly by and put them on.

Just go untill one person gives off...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
CustomMX6 said:
Just go untill one person gives off...
i don't always agree witht hat, i've seen people do stupid things because both racers are stubborn and a turn is ahead...they don't back down and an accident happens.
If the race goes to a triple digit speed in MPH and it is close, then you can verify that it is a driver's race... if one car walks the other, there is no ifs and or butts. For a driver's race, someone should be at a certain points to get a "picture perfect" ending to see who won by how much....no sense going top speed because in REAL racing, top speeds are rarely reached.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry if I said it...wrong. I meant to ask about street drag racing. Theres a few long streets sround here without traffic. And no, Ive never raced before but might do it just to say I did. Dont worry, I wouldnt do it on the highway or anything.

·
Registered
178 Posts
first of all you both get out and run around the both of your cars untill your really dizzy then you try and get back into your car. Once your in you drink as much hard alcohol as possible in 10 minutes. then you floor it in reverse with a blindfold on and the person who runs into something first wins!!!!!!!!! then come the 4-ways. lmao don't street race its dangerous and stupid.

·
Registered
947 Posts
joyboyGT said:
first of all you both get out and run around the both of your cars untill your really dizzy then you try and get back into your car. Once your in you drink as much hard alcohol as possible in 10 minutes. then you floor it in reverse with a blindfold on and the person who runs into something first wins!!!!!!!!! then come the 4-ways. lmao don't street race its dangerous and stupid.
That's hows its done in canada, but its normally on the 401 when traffic is booting about 140km/hr, you become really popular once you hit the 6 o'clock news around here

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
joyboyGT said:
i know the qustion was kinda dumb, but you didn't have to be harsh about it :shrug:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
not to to be mean goatman, but don't race your car, its an atx, you will get your ass raped by ABOUT any MTX that is even worth saying you raced. I wouldn't race, its called "Driving Aggressively" atleast thats what the guy at the Toyota Dealership when we testdrove a car called it. lol
Don't "beat it" its called "Driving aggressively" ;)
:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts