Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty then.....

Im looking for Radar detectors....
They are illegal here in Victoria but from what ive been told places like Canberra these pretty little gizmos are still legal.

What I want to know is how much they cost?
How good they work?
Does anyone own one?
Where can I get one?

Does anyone have one outside of Canberra and what are the fines for being caught with these babies???

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm from Canberra and they are certainly *not* legal here. I think NT is the only place where they aren't illegal.

Fine is approx $230 and they take your detector with them - I guess it's a calculated risk but I think the coppers have pretty good rader detector detectors....

..however you can buy radar detector detector detectors :)

I would have thought speed cameras were the main weapon these days - we don't have radar in the ACT anymore, just cameras.

[Edited by 6girl on 04-23-2001 at 04:00 AM]

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6girl said:
I'm from Canberra and they are certainly *not* legal here. I think NT is the only place where they aren't legal.

Fine is approx $230 and they take your detector with them - I guess it's a calculated risk but I think the coppers have pretty good rader detector detectors....

..however you can buy radar detector detector detectors :)

I would have thought speed cameras were the main weapon these days - we don't have radar in the ACT anymore, just cameras.
Well Speed cameras can be easily detected and the cars they use are so obvious...I dont get fines from cameras i get fined coz some cop has pulled out of a side street with a radar gun and I had no idea he was around.

Ok my info may have been a little wrong with regards to legality in Canberra, but are they available??? Do you know of a place which does sell them.

I know friends of mine were up at the Summernats and they came home with a few now I want one. :D

·
Registered
621 Posts
good one

Good one 6girl.

I was just about to post the same question Darko.

I have contacts in Qld and could get them to drop in and pick up a couple of units and ship them down...

Think about it.
In the meantime I'll keep searching too. Theres probably some aus. groups on usenet that would have info.

I might try some aussie drag and performance web sites too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts