Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for the past couple of months when sitting at lights and stuff or going pretty slow the temperature has risen a bit beyond the middle of the temperature guage. It didnt really get progressively worse until yesterday on the drive home from my cottage.

The whole trip I felt uneasy, becasue unlike ever before even when I was going 100+KM/h the temperature guage was quite a bit above middle.

We stopped for dinner and it instantly went up to the H .. I let it cool for a minute with the rad fan until it dropped below the H then turned er off.

When I came back out there was coolant all under the car and it was dripping.

Sound like its down for the count, or what is this?

It has 170,000KM on it and its a 93.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coldnoodle said:
Yeah, looks like the water pump is your problem. It's hard to change it because you have to remove the timing belt, too. If you need new belts, just change them at the same time.
good stuff thanks... i guess we'll find out soon its goin to the mechanic.

BTW nice MX-6 you got there.

Since you have experience with body work obviously, I have a quick question. My hood is up about like a quarter of an inch you can see from the sides.

It almost looks like someone backed into me in the parking lot or something. On the driver side, and there is a little bit of space under the headlight too .. is that kinda stuff easy to just like hammer back out or what? Nothing really looks damaged, just shifted a bit!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Does it look bent? If yes, then it might need a little body work to fix it. If not, try to adj. the stopers(that black rubber thing on the radiator support), twist them to make them lower, maybe this will fix your problem.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
coldnoodle said:
Does it look bent? If yes, then it might need a little body work to fix it. If not, try to adj. the stopers(that black rubber thing on the radiator support), twist them to make them lower, maybe this will fix your problem.
One of our friends who actually owns a Mazda dealership said the radiator support was SLIGHTLY bent .. and thats all he said ... hmmmmm .. oh well .. Ill give the adjustments a little twist and see if that helps a little.

thanks alot

·
Registered
100 Posts
could just be a radiator hose. Squeeze the ends if the hose and if they are mushy, and check if they are wet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts