Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove the radiator suppport from my crashed Mx6 and am having trouble getting it off now. Where besides the very bottom is it bolted to the chassis or it just spot welded to the front clip to hang on? Thanks in advance. The sooner I get it off the sooner they can tell me if the chassis is trash or not.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Let me dig you a pic up, I did a Rad. Support replacement on my GT about a year ago. Look back here in a bit.

-Jason

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ah, I had a pic with the rad. support removed but it's on my other computer. This is all I have on this computer:

Sorry for the size, you might can blow it up

Here's a quick diagram as to where the spot welds are located:

Spot welds are the black dots and this is to just give you an idea on where they're at.

You'll have to drill them out. Start with a small drill bit and work your way up until the same size as the spot weld. You can use a good hammer and a large flathead screwdriver to pop the loose after they're drilled. Also there are some welds inside the bumper mounting holes and around the edges that are EXTREMELY difficult to get to. I just hacked mine off with a reciprocating saw and welded it directly onto the frame rail horn.

Good luck and be sure to have a swear jar.

-Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts