Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a MX-6 1990 in Feb. After one month, I found the coolant is leaking, and the mechanic asked for $270 to change that one. Is there anybody met similar problem? Hopefully this is not a bad beginning. :(((

·
Registered
666 Posts
I paid $270 for a radiator and put it in myself. I'd say you're getting a great deal.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
OH. Duh :) The radiator. $270 incl. labor isnt too bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well i just replaced my plastic radiator on my car.i paid $110 for the radiator and only took me less than 45 mins to replace.i got a good deal on the radiator knowing that i got a metal one now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
veight, what kind did you get, if you were just lookin to get an inexpensive one, napa sells em for 95.00, should only take 15 minutes to install

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the manuf. does 10 years, i blew the one in mine, AGAIN racing one of those cool honda civics, dont worry, i won, car just steamin a bit, anyway it was two years old, and i took it back, and they gave me a brand new one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and all it is to install is removing the top clip, bottom clip, and the two top mount braquets, of course flushing, and puttin new coolant in..... all in all 125.00, and about twenty minutes of your time!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
yeah right, i bought a new radiator for 100 bucks and had it put in for 50...I would say its a bad deal. Go to carparts.com and get a modine metal radiator...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts