Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I have a 89 & 92 626 I need 2nd gener's help.

I recently purchased a Radio and CD deck from a 94 626. Luckily from me the 92 has the same wiring harness for the radio as the 2nd gens. However I didn't realize that a code is required to use the radio.

Where could I obtain a code for the radio? Do I need the VIN from the car it came from? Is there a generic code I could use? Will the dealer give me the code?

Any advice (except buy an aftermarket radio) would be appreciated!

Thanks much!

Hurddawg

·
Registered
483 Posts
hello,

Well in order to obtain the code i think you have to pay like 30 dollars for the radio code. i wonder what mine is....

anthony

·
Registered
40 Posts
I paid $15CAN to have the code on my radio reset to the # of my choice. They simply asked me to provide the ownership of the vehicle as proof.

Peter

·
Registered
43 Posts
Before you cough up any dough to get the code reset it might be worth trying the last 4 digits of the VIN (you have three trys) - that's what mine was set to by the dealer.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I don't actually own the 94 626 so I don't have the VIN or proof or ownership. hmmm.

How do you set the code anyway? Just use the memory buttons?

·
Registered
806 Posts
The code is originally set when you buy it, but can be changed providing you know the original code. If you fool around with it, you get three tries then you have to take it to the dealership. $30 later you will have an unlocked radio and according to them they wiped out the security code so I wouldn't have to worry with it anymore. I eventually went aftermarket though.

Oh yeah moving to audio and electronics.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts