Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on the highway lisening to music when Suddenly ...... Boom My radio cuts out I was furious tho i had a good song on. Anyways about 5 min pass by the radio come back on okok chilling to the groove the radio cuts out again but this time for about 20 min. Now the lights that light the radio are on I did not blow any fuses cause i checked those (Its a factory Radio) So everytime I lisen to the radio for about 10 min or so sometimes it cuts out completly. Like the radio has no power but after some time it comes back on so My question is Is the Radio ****ed or do i get another one or there is something else that is caousing this??????? Any similar info on this problem is greatly apriciated.

·
Registered
449 Posts
What type do you have? just radio or radio/cass or radio/cass/equalizer or CD? When you mean lights do you mean the LCD screen or the nighttime lights?

You may want to pull out the radio and make sure all the connections are good, ie plugged in or not corroded. You might want to check whether or not the ground is still ok.
I know that the stock radios changed style in 90 so I may be wrong about the location, but the ground is connected to the backside of the cassette deck or radio by a screw and o-connector.

[Edited by hurddawg on 12-08-2000 at 11:39 PM]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its just a factory radio Case tape radio I mean the night timelights are ok its lights those up I just mean like u see your radio station lights etc and i hear no music so its like its dead The radio its dead but the rest of the lights are fine . Im goiing to see it tomrow take it appart and see maybe some wire is loose

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had a radio problem back hen I had teh stock deck in. ANd get this...I can't for the life of me remember what it was. It was damn annoying too. I am thinking it might be something similar to what you are experiencing. Ever since I installed my CD player, I haven't had the problem. When I did finally pull the factory deck out it had runst in the back corner where teh wires plug into the deck. I dunno if that was related or not. I know whatever the problem was, sometimes turning on and off the radio rapidly sometimes fixed it. Geez I can't believe I have forgotten the problem lol.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i had a similar problem and it was my ground on the battery was loose. i tightend it up and havnt had a prob since.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK It seems that the RADIO dosent turn off right now i did that on and off rapidly stuff and it seemd to be workign but i Have a another problem. The fricken tape light is blinking on the tape deck And i cant lisen to the radio. And yes the tape dont work and there is no tape in there Is there a way to fricken stop that blinking tape crap and can i lisen to the radi normaly ??? Is there a way to turn the tape off?

·
Registered
405 Posts
pull the radio out and disconnect the tape deck from the reciever, that will turn the deck off. if you want to buy mine you can have it for ten bucks + shipping.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That will only work if you have a pre '90 model. In 1990 they made teh stereo all in one. Before that itr was two seperate pieces.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Have you disconnected your battery lately and not re-entered the security code. If you read the owners manual it tells you the procedure.
If this is not the case take the radio out and check the main power wire voltage?
If this is not the case also, maybe there is a loose wire in the system but not likely or a wire that has been melted from an external source but check that the code has been entered, otherwise time to throw away the crappy stock radio and get a new cd player.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i checked all those things Well i have to waite to get a new radio so its going to be next week but i wanted to lisen to something :( its hard to drive with out music u know .... so that why i wanted to fix this so at least i have somehting to lisen too during this week before i buy another one . But u are right Ill get another CD player

G

·
BING BING BING News Cast

I don't mean to sound like an @$$ here, but why dont you just buy a new radio? There are plenty of really cheap ($30) ones at wal-mart that are much better than the stock radio in your 6. My first upgrade in the stereo dept was a $32 road rage am/fm cassette, and it made the system sound a lot better at 20w/channel (the factory is like 15/chan, and many radios now start at 30 at least) anyway, i just thought i'd drop my $.02.....

BreezyMX

1 - 12 of 12 Posts