Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well maybe this has already been talked about but I cant find it anywhere.

My car wont start whenever it rains, not for at least one day after ethire. I did the water pump and had the distributor cap off not too long ago... maybe the problem is there, the seal seemed ok though. I removed it and it seems dry enough.The problems started after I did the pump.
I had the car into the dealership and had it tuned a few days ago. I would put money on moisture in the wire's somewhere, it turns over strong and it gets gas because I can smell it, but it just wont start. Anyone got any ideas as to where I should start?

She's a fare weather car for sure!

thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok I changed the plug wires, and I took the cap right off brought it inside.. not much moisture, but I took a hair dryer to it anyway... put it all back on and still no start. I will check for spark next... gotta enlist a friends help for that one!

thanks for the help so far keep those ed-u-macated guessessssss coming!

·
Registered
761 Posts
sounds like u got a cracked distributor.... same thing would happen to my 4 banger when it rained....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NickR said:
This is just a guess, but a semi-educated one: unplug the connection to the crank position sensor. It's right behind the oil dipstick. Clean it up, and dry it out, plug it back in.
Yeah I did what you said, there was maybe alittle moisture in there, plugged it back in and still no start... then today after one whole day of no rain it starts up fine like nothing was ever wrong... Bastard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts