Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone converted either a 1st gen or 2nd gen into a rally car? Doesn't matter what kind. Targa, point-to-point. If anyone has pics of a MX6 converted into a race car/rally car that would be great.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Piers14 races his 2g regularly. He has a fully stripped interior and I believe he just cut out the spare tire well to remove even more weight.

Old picture:

His interior. Not sure how old these pictures are.

More here

Weaksauce has a 2g that's pretty well set up to be a race car or track car. He also has a stripped interior. I believe he has removed around 400 pounds from his car.

I'll be joining the stripped interior club soon too. I have my dry ice waiting for tomorrow morning and I will be removing the heater core and everything else behind the dash. The cage will be a while though.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
On converting an MX6 to a rally car - Tarmac rallies i can imagine it'd be a lot of fun and in that case just look at peirs's car - track and tarmac rally isnt a huuuuuge difference in major set up points - just lots of minor changes.

Dont bother trying to get it into a dirt rally though unless youve got a lot of cash to replace things that break. We dont have strong enough cars to cope with dirt rally.

My MX6 is a daily driven track (ish) car - I'm about to start the weight reduction game as I'm going to move up a class cause its slower than the class I'm in at the moment...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Having just bought a nice little '92 GT, I am toying around with the idea of turning it into a TSD (Time speed Distance) rally runner that can still be a half decent daily. Nice to see I am not the only one who has thought of something similar to this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Having just bought a nice little '92 GT, I am toying around with the idea of turning it into a TSD (Time speed Distance) rally runner that can still be a half decent daily. Nice to see I am not the only one who has thought of something similar to this.
I was thinking the same, nothing worse than service roads, there is a group that hosts them up here in BC, Canada.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts