21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
2017 and I'm still here!

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
I get random emails once in awhile. I probably check in every 1-2 years out so!
The 6 is long gone by now, though. I'm currently on a Nissan Leaf.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
So this is the check-in thread, huh?

Wow. It's been a long time, but everytime I see an MX-6 on the street, I think about mine and this board.

It's sad to see that there's not a lot of activity, but I guess as these cars hit the junkyard, it's the natural course of things.

I'm still in Florida, and I think I had a Maxima the last time I posted (guess I'll find out what's in my sig when I finish up).

Since then I've had a TBSS, a G37S Coupe, a CTS-V Sedan and currently have a GT-R.

So here's to the car that started it all for me, and I hope this thread stays alive enough that some of the old members find it as they stop in to visit.

-Loring

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Current:

Current project Factory five 818C:

On 35PSI should be about 700WHP.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Just passed state inspection - last year it is required ! By learning from this site and manuals, I estimate
savings of $ 30 k over the last 8 years. Almost every part has been replaced. Doesn't make a sound on the highway.

Never see another MX6 on the road anymore. Haven't seen one for more than 5 years.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
... forums aren't as lively as they use to be but there is still a lot of good info on this site.
Speaking of good info, what ever happened to Probetalk? luckily I have a bunch of PT threads saved as PDF just in case, but it always seems like I'm missing the one I need. I'm familiar with mazdas247.com and mazda626.net; they have some pretty good writeups.

I've been a slow unmotivated hot mess and after a year I finally got all the maintenance parts sitting in my garage for my ZE swap... Now I just need to read up but can't!

It's sad that last reply was almost 5 months ago.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Just passed state inspection - last year it is required ! ...

Never see another MX6 on the road anymore. Haven't seen one for more than 5 years.
Being a 96, my car still has 2 years! :frown2: But I'm gonna just swap in the KLZE with the (OBD-I) ECU is came with and just drive sparingly.

I still make half a mile laps around the neighborhood at night so you can't see all the smoke coming out of it! HAHAHA

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Hello everybody just checking in again. I convinced my good friend into taking my RX-6 project on.
I had to admit I didnt have the time to work on it or the time to learn the skills I need to finish it.

A big hurdle that was holding me back was the crankshaft trigger wheel. Little did I know I found a machine shop just a few miles from my house that is use to doing this sort of thing for megasquirt.

I'll try to update my thead soon.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Awesome, thought u gave up on it a while back. It's good to see it come to reality.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts