Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a 1991 Mazda MX6 Factory Brochure:

And it has soem interesting information of a few colors of cars that most of us have never seen, particularly RED.

Not that red is all that rare (no pun intended) but I found it quite interesting that they noted two colors only available/not available in Alaska and Hawaii.

The red colors that they note are:

Graceful Red Mica/Red interior (maroon)...available everywhere I gather. I've seen them in the local yards.

Now the good stuff!!!!!

Blaze Red/Gray interior * Not available in Alaska and Hawaii

Vintage Red/Gray interior ** Available in Alaska and Hawaii only.

This comes straight from the Mazda brochure.

I am curious to see what the color difference is between all three. The Blaze Red I imagine is the bright red like Mazda_MX6_Turbo (Rami).

The Graceful Red I think I have seen, I've seen some pretty dull red MX6's and I just figured they had lost their sheen over the years.

Vintage Red would be the Maroon?

Again this is from a 1991 brochure.

I thought it was interesting seeing as I have seen very few Maroon MX6's with gray interior, and never in person. IIRC the Maroon/Gray interior member wasn't in Hawaii either?

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
when i went to get touch up paint (paint code SQ) the paint was named blaze red. acutally there is blaze red and blazed red. god knows what the difference is. i think they had the same paint code anyways

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sapphire Blue

The '89 brochure lists a Sapphire Blue MX-6. Now that is a color I can honestly say that I haven't seen. Anyone own one or ever see one? I think that is a rare color. I believe I've seen a light blue but never a dark blue.

I have seen both the red and maroon MX-6. I've seen green, silver, white and of course black. Unfortunately, in 1990 Mazda didn't offer the MX-6 in Sapphire Blue, otherwise I might have chosen that over the Brilliant Black one that I did.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pjsemmer said:
I have seen both the red and maroon MX-6. I've seen green, silver, white and of course black. Unfortunately, in 1990 Mazda didn't offer the MX-6 in Sapphire Blue, otherwise I might have chosen that over the Brilliant Black one that I did.
Thats the point though, this brochure lists three colors of red, not two!!! Other colors in 90+ where Crystal White, Silver Stone Metallic, Brave Blue Mica, Exceed Green Metallic, and Brilliant Black.

Matt- no color swatches.(sp?) I wish :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
Panther37 said:
what year is this MX-6? It's blue but doesn't look as dark as the Sapphire Blue one that is in the '89 brochure. That blue is almost as dark as the black.

In 1990 they list a Harbor Blue Metallic color, but it doesn't look as dark as the '89 blue. it kind of looks like the color of this one. Is it a 90+?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Nope thats the color my DX was...well that and about 3 other colors...but that was the color of the good paint left on it

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
that I can remember I have only seen one kind of red makeing the other 2 rare. I have also never seen a 1gen 6 in green in person. I know a couple members on here have it though

·
Registered
64 Posts
I used to know a girl that had a '91 MX-6 LX in green. This goes back to the early '90s. I know longer know her whereabouts or if she even has the car anymore.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts