Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres a persistant knocking noise coming from my rear drivers side strut housing. It rattles continuously over even slightly bumpy roads. I'm probably going to get it sorted when I get my Ground Controls installed, but I was wondering whether anybody had any ideas what it was? I'm guessing the strut mount is either loose or broken, or a piece broke off and is rattling around, but I don't really have any basis for that. Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have the same problem. at first i thought it was my trunk rattling, but now i'm pretty sure its my struts in the back. the whole problem, though, stems from the fact that my road has been torn up since october. i'm serious when i say my road looks like its in a 3rd world country. i am thinking of complaining to the township and trying to get some money for new suspension.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yup.....i got the same problems as you guys...it doesnt really affect the ride....but it is really annoying.

is the struts the only cause of these noises?

eric
87000miles
93ls

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
idea....

it might be just what you guys think, a piece of something is broke, and jumbles around when you ride over the slightest bump. ive heard of that problem before, and i dont remember what exactly it is that breaks apart. i do believe it is something right above the top of the strut. hope i dont sound as retarded as i think i do, ;) later.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
me too...

I have the same problem on the front side, I thought it was the wheel bushings but I got them fixed and it still rattles, its got to be the strut brace or the wheel knuckle i think? Anyone?
Thanks.
Cya.
Claeren.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a clunk that developed going over bumps from the right rear area as well. It turns out it was the Right Rear Stabilizer link pin. It needed replacing and that solved the problem immediately.

PeMiL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts