Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, i recently installed 2 kicker k57's on the rear deck and they are rattling the heck out of the interior brake light fixture. any solutions? thanks for your help.

-dogg

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
Mine was also coming from the trunk...well the spoiler mostly, but that's gone now. I'm also getting a lot from the rear deck, which can be fixed with some material like dynomat. I don't know what to do about the trunk, but frankly, I can't hear that on the inside so I don't care much about it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it IS NOT coming from the trunk, the rattling is coming from the brake light fixture (not from my spoiler, from the factory one on the interior).

-dogg

·
Premium Member
7,067 Posts
yeah, mine is doing the same thing. I ghetto rigged it with a folded piece of paper wedged under the plastic shroud until i find some weatherstripping or something like that.

Trent

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
mazdadogg said:
it IS NOT coming from the trunk, the rattling is coming from the brake light fixture (not from my spoiler, from the factory one on the interior).

-dogg

maybe i should retype...I understood, but here is what I meant:

Mine was also coming from the trunk (in addition to the rear deck)...well the spoiler mostly, but that's gone now. I'm also getting a lot from the rear deck (the same as you), which can be fixed with some material like dynomat.

*I don't know what to do about the trunk, but frankly, I can't hear that on the inside so I don't care much about it.*
- ignore this comment, it was just to add to the post, not to help with any previously mentioned problems

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx guys. The noise is driving me nuts, and it is audible (the rattle) away from the car, as well. I imagine it isn't doing much good for the brake light fixture, either.

-dogg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts