Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone done thier Intake Manifold by Raw Power. What do you think of it and has anyone noticed any power gains? The other question is, if you do the intake manifold do you have to bore out the throttle body? Or can you do one and do the other at a latter time? I don't know much about the Intake Manifold modification and was wondering if it is worth it and what excatly is done. Also I heard that you can bore the throttle body 65mm or 66.5mm, what's the difference.

Thanks

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Yea I'd like to know if anyone has any actual dyno results to show any power gains from the Raw Power stuff. I'm probably gonna look into doing this anyways (unless I buy the KLZE engine) but I'm just curious if anyone has numbers to show the gains.

bj

·
Registered
202 Posts
raw power

I haven't done the Raw Power intake port and polish yet, but I have seen some dyno results showing around 8 hp gain as well as some torque gain throughout the powerband. This was also on a completely stock car. I would expect a car with mods such as a cold air intake, bored throttle body, exhaust, pheno spacers, etc. to show higher gains as a result of the intake manifold.

You don't have to do the throttle body at the same time, but if you are going to do the throttle body at some point, you should do them at the same time. You have to take it off anyway, so why not send it in to be bored. Plus this way you can port match the TB opening to the intake opening. Also bored throttle bodies have been shown to net about 5 hp as well. Jed Devilbiss does throttle bodies to 66.5 mm, refits a larger butterfly plate, cleans and powdercoats them. I am doing a website for him right now, so I will post the url for you guys when I get it finished.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DaveMX6 said:
Where do you have to send it in to get this done?
i think they do a intake manifold or throttle body for you and they ship it out to you and you just ship your old one back to them...i could be wrong though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
raw

just email chris. he is rawpower. he will give you prices and info.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys I got a hold of Raw Power, the guy's name is Chris and he is very helpful. He said that he would work on the intake manifold (he has some already with him). If you don't want to take your manifold off, you pay him a core charge + the cost of the work, then he will send you a completed manifold , all you do is take your old one of and mail it back to him. When he receives your orginial manifold the core charge is given back. Chris will also paint the manifold almost any color that you want.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Raw Power Stage Four Intake $250.00 + 200.00 Core charge (returned when old manifold is sent back).
Thorttle Body Bore - $75.00 (not sure) + 100.00? core charge.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Im in the process of getting this done for me.
Stage 4 Manifold - $250 + $200 core charge
TB (its not Bored) - $60 + $100 core charge
Stage 1 Heads - $250 + $300 core charge

All the core charges are paid back when you send your old stuff to him.

Also, you have to get new gaskets if you do those heads. It may be wise for the manifold too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts