Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on an Avenger once. Under the hood the guy has taken off the heat sheild and then put reflective tape on top in the crevaces of the hood. I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that. I have tried getting a hold of the guy but to no avail.

Trevis

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Well, you can ask JPMX6GT about it cause he's done this appearance mod himself. Hope this helps.

Later

·
Registered
1,306 Posts

I forgot to include this on my new page..... All it is is mirror film. It's live vynil almost. All you do it remove the heat shield, clean it extensively. Then apply it like if it was tint for your windows. I actually removed the hood and layed it down inside the house on the rug to have better access to it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i cant believe you went through all that trouble just to have a mirror image under your hood.....which will get dirty in no time

wow

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
4bangermx6 said:
i cant believe you went through all that trouble just to have a mirror image under your hood.....which will get dirty in no time

wow
Trouble ??? Don't get it... Wasn't any trouble... was a very VERy easy thing to do. Took me about a half hour for the whole thing. Just like laying down tinted windows.

Originally posted by jdmxsix
How hot does your hood get now?
Don't know as far as temperature. But I know it gets hotter. Like when it rains I can see a little steam coming off the hood sometimes after driving for a while. Other than that, it's fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks JPMX6GT, I just couldn't figure out how to get around the supports on the hood it self. Do you just lay the film there and then trace the design of the hood onto the film with an exacto knife? Thanks again.
P.S. I haven't ever had a heat sheild on mine, with the exception of moderate heat and getting rather hot the paint is not hurt and it cools somewhat quickly.

Trevis

·
Registered
67 Posts
it only took you a half hour to take off the hood and put it on?

take the hood of a car seems like a big job....
and have you ever tryied tinting windows.......its so hard. and never comes out, atleast for me it didnt.

·
Registered
108 Posts
to take off your hood all you have to do is disconnect the windshield wiper hoses and then unscrew two bolts on each side. and wham there u go its off. very easy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts