Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear disc brakes

I know that the probe GT's have discs in the rear. im wondering if the conversion can be done for the 6. i havent had a chance to look at it but it seems like it would be possible given that their built on the same chassis. whats the point of running a 12 second 1/4 mi. if you cant stop? if anyone knows please lemme know. if it looks like a go, imma try for a bulk buy of cross-drilled rotors.:cool:

Thanx

[Edited by JspecMX-6 on 12-16-2000 at 05:30 PM]

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Your profile doesn't indicate what car you have, but the V6 MX6 had rear discs from the factory. A conversion to discs is possible on drum brake 4-bangers, but it won't be cheap to get all the parts together.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There are a couple places to get the conversion. Go to Probetalk and do a search. There is also a conversion at http://www.jcwhitney.com for like $500 (not cross drilled just plane discs). The post above this one is right if you have an ls than you already have rear discs, but if you have the 4 banger you don't, and probably don't need them, although they do look much better in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont need em, eh? hey after i get those imma get a parachute too! and probably a roll cage to go with my 5 point harness

1 - 4 of 4 Posts