Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the HS intake system (tube, filter, elbow). I also got the phenolic spacers for both the IM and the TB. Nothing has been installed, but in preparation I read some threads about the pheno install in which some recommend changing the valve cover gasket. What are these? How do I know if I should change them? Do I get'em from the Parts dept. at a dealer? The car is a '96 V6 with 43½K miles with all the scheduled maintenances; I followed the time criteria (not the mileage criteria). So any guess on what I should expect?

Also, I've been asking around for a bored TB? Should I wait 'til this deal goes through and install everything at once? Or one at a time? I really don't have time nor the inclination to install everything one at a time, but obviously, the argument is if I install each mod one at a time and something goes wrong, i'll know which mod is causing problems. If I install each mod one at a time, what order should I go? Any opinions (or experiences)?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vcg...

well, i sorta know a vcg is and what is does... i just don't know if i could pick'em out of a line-up. anyway, as many may have noticed i am guilty of "double-posting" (once in PT, once here); i only did so b/c my link here at work was pointing to the wrong place and i though mx6.com was down this whole time. anyway, i guess i got my answer. thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts