Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I just ordered some sub woofers and an amp, so now I am looking to purchase some speakers. The ones I have now are totally blown and they really suck. What I need to know is what sizes I need to buy and what brand I should buy. I want the best kind I can get for not that much money. I'm not made of money but I just want my car to sound decent. What size are the rear speakers in a `92 MX-6 LX and what size are the front speakers. Thanx.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Ever heard of Crutchfield???

Go to www.crutchfield.com and find the link that says "what fits my car." You give them your car model and stuff and they tell you what can fit in your car. They are a great company and if you buy from them, they include all the harnesses that fit from the speaker to the car's wiring.

Good Luck,
hope it sounds good

Adj

·
Registered
359 Posts
Speaker Size

The speaker size for an 92 Mx-6 are 6*8 in the door and back also are 6*8. My suggestion for a good price and good quality is go for 6*8 Pioneer's. They are made for Mazda's and Ford Probes. I have a pair in my doors and they sound amazing. You will also notice a big difference when you have installed them.

Also my suggestion to you would be to install a set of tweeters too. It adds so much more highs and clarity to your system.

My system has 2 Pioneer 10's subs powered by a 600 watt Pioneer Amp. Then for speakers I have to 6*8 Pioneers in the doors then 6*9 infinity 3 ways in the back. Plus I have 2 tweeters on my doors to give me a little more highs. This system sounds amazing.

Just play around a bite with your system and you will find out what sounds good. :smokin:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: Speaker Size

ACIDBURN said:
The speaker size for an 92 Mx-6 are 6*8 in the door and back also are 6*8.
The speaker sizes for a 92 MX6 are actually 4" in the front and 6 1/2" in the rear. The second gen 6's are the ones with 6x8" in the front and rear. My suggestion would be to go with some Kenwoods. Crutchfield offers a good set of 4" speakers for $49.95 as well as these 6 1/2" speakers for $69.95 I have a Kenwood sound system in my 95 LS and it sounds SWEET. Also, those front speakers will play great with just the power from the receiver...in the future if you want to add a small external amp to the rear speakers, then that'll make a big difference too. Also, if you're like me, you probably listen to most of your music in your car, so you don't want to cut yourself short when it comes to your sound system. If you can afford to buy an external amplifier right away, i'd go with infinity, they sound great but need a lot of power to feed them. Pioneers, from my understanding sound pretty good for the money, but I think that Kenwoods are a much better value for the quality of sound they produce. Just my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts