Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey.... i just replaced my rear 2 calipers, and on the rear right, i was tightening the bleeder bolt after i was done bleeding the system, and it snapped! Snapped in the middle, where the bleeding hole is. POS bolt. My ratchet had to much torque for it, or it was just ollllld.

Anyhow, i was told i have to go to a mazda/ford dealership and order the bolt. Any other ideas or is this correct? Thanks alot for help!!!

-Austin

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok...thanks alot!

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Wow, way too much torque. Definitely don't tighten them down. They barely get as much torque as a VC bolt (which is next to nothing).

I'd replace it with a regular bolt with the proper thread if I snapped one off.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shit! I thought it was the "bleeder bolt", but after i went to the parts store i realized that's not what i needed. What i need is the "bonjo bolt", the part that actually secures the brake line to the caliper. All of the auto shops locally do not have it, and i went to the ford dealership and they can't even order one. That part, for some reason, is on national backorder....so, i went to a local part place that has a junkyard, and they are going to try to get one off of a probe for me and let me know tomorrow. Otherwise, well, let's hope their isn't an otherwise.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
It should be easy enough to get a brake fluid banjo bolt used from someone here who has them in a set of seized rear calipers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts