Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my brakes fixed . i had to put on new calibers,disc rotors,an pads . well after i got everything done . i noticed a squeking noise from the left rear . it would only do it . when i drive really slow. but then go away when i`m driving faster then 5 mph. could it be the cheap pads i put on it for now ? ,or could it because i did`t use the stuff ? in a tube . that your suppose to use to quite it down . any help would be gratefull

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
It could be the tube stuff. Did you put the anti-rattle clips back in? If you did, then it might just be something stuck between the rotor and pad back there. Just unbolt the caliper, swing it up, take off the pads and sand them lightly with sandpaper and sand the rotor surface also (both sides) to remove any debris. Wash the surface down with brake cleaner and reinstall.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
Yeah, I think you have to remove the e-brake cable even to do the pads, but it's not hard. Just make sure your e-brake is down, then pull the spring-loaded hook at the caliper towards the front of the car and pull the e-brake cable out of it. You will have to loosen the hex bolt at the caliper to retract the piston so that your new pads fit. The hex bolt is hidden under a bolt at the back of the piston on the caliper. Your best bet is to spend the $10 on a Haynes manual or download the pdf workshop manual on this site somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts