Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to get a replacement bumber that is open in the rear? like the veilsides bumbers on rx-7's? that looks sweet and probably cuts back on drag..... i know the Spoilers Etc and erebuni do not sell a rear only sides so it still has the factory bumber on it...... bummer. The look I want is a bumber to match the shogun front but open in the back a'la Dom Toretto's RX in The Fast and Furious..... anyone know where this can be found?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sounds like simple custom work to me. Cut some holes, fill them with mesh or something, repaint, and you're done. A body shop shouldn't charge too much for that. Try some louvers or something back there.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i would measure the bumper you have and then call places and ask them or just find the car and measure the bumper on it and see how close the are and then go to the body shop and see what they say. they will probly ask to see the bumper and your car together so.

i thought about this idea too so i might do it one day! you have to have it bolt up right too. but you have to buy the bumper it self and then get it to fit so just depends on how much they charge an hour for custom work, i place i know of charges like 50 bucks an hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts