Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the rear dash is removable and if so how, because i wanna spray it red

·
Registered
800 Posts
The rear deck is removable and if I remember correctly, once you remove the speakers and rear side panels and put the seats forward it just clips holding it.:ewink:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Be careful though as i know of several people who have removed them and they are very fragile! plastic gets brittle with age! main areas to watch are at the front (where the the seat locks are). another note is be warned...... you will get some serious 'reflection' on the back screen!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I got a pic of what it looks like underneith l post it off my other comp thursday.
Audio Pilot there are several clips holding it in, in different spots all gay places to. I took mine out to paint.
WackyRacer you wont get a glare if you go easy on on the clear coat, put to much on and you will regtret it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics

pics would help because i recently just let both of the seats down in the back unscrewed 2 screws and there were 2 clips in the corners of both sides of the car so i took them out. but it still wouldn't move

·
Registered
822 Posts
clear coat is laquer. it protects the paint finish.... as used on metalic paint cars.
make sure you use a plastic primer before painting as other wise the paint can flake, especially as it gets real hot under that glass!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Krylone fusion, dupli color is what i used. The clear coat protects the paint against sun. Wacky it's used on all cars. mines black metalic flake and has more clear coat then anything. You don't want to pull hard if it's not coming off, you break one of those clips. you it will rattle with the speakers. I will get you the photo and highlight where all the clip and screw locations for you :) Must people would ask for karma :sigh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts