Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone had taken off their rear deck cover. I was trying last night and wasn't haveing much luck. If you could possibly share some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Well man iknow hot that feel. i have taken mine off a few times. this is how it goes:

0. remove the back side pannels from the car first ( i left that out )
1. fold down the seats.
2. remove the screw from the front part of the deck, there should be two in the middle and two on the sides.
3. you will have to remove the speakers, there are four screw that hold the plate that holds the speaker in place, remove those( you will need a short handled screwdriver)
4. remove the back break light in the window, there are two bolts ( i think that is all) side that off
5. you want to make sure you ahve the seat belts out the way also
6. then just pull and push and yank!!!!.

you will not break it dont worry, i hope!!! haha jk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome!! thanks a lot man!! I figured the speakers would have to go. I was wondering what the little circular spots are in front of the speakers I thought that might have something to do with it. The rest of the my interior is totally out so it should go pretty quick. I'm planning on stealthing the subs and putting my amps on the top deck! Should be sweet!! Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I got the speakers out last night and everthing else out of the way and I proceeded to push and pull and yank, but no movement. Where exactly is this thing attached?? I was having trouble finding any mounting points? I was a little cold in my garage so I didn't want to force anything into breaking.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
push up on the front and this should make it easier to move around. it should come a lose fromt he hooks that hold it down. you might want to get a friend to help you, i had to have help to get it out. grab a hold in the speaker hole and pull up there also. i hope you get it out, later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts