Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little plug that is soldered to the window has fallen off. Do I just solder this back on or is it more complicated then that?

·
Registered
127 Posts
your best bet is conductive epoxy the plate on there is probaly stuck on with some adhesive that will probably let go if heated. Check Radio Shack I think they have it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Try your local auto parts store, they should've rear defrost repair kit, comes with the epoxy and instructions.
Before you put it on, hold the plug (with the defroster on)to where u want it and test for continuity in the lines that run across ur rear window. good luck

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do I get this conductive epoxy???? Radio Shack does not have it. The auto parts store(Pepboys) only has a repair kit if you cut one of the lines going across the window. I don't have that problem. My problem is that the actual wire that connects to the window that gives the defroster line current has fallen off. How do I fix this and where can I but the materials?
What exactly are the names of these epoxy's and glues?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I live in canada so we got no pep boys here, we usually deal with the biggest auto parts store which is canadian tire. They sell the kit, its called "REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER Tab Adhesive". Its made by a company called Loctite. If you can't find it at Peppies then try other auto parts stores, I'm sure one of them should have it. Didn't know that its not recommended to do it in winter, but when I got it done thru the garage, they asked me not to turn it on for about 36 hours. Maybe that'll help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts