Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've just bought a 93 4 cyl. that's got the drums on the rear, i was wondering: has anybody converted the base model 4 bangers to a rear disc setup, or did the newer models come standard with it?
also, what do i have to do, i'm a mechanic so i've got access to all the tools, i just need to know if it's been done.:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
fuelfool said:
i've just bought a 93 4 cyl. that's got the drums on the rear, i was wondering: has anybody converted the base model 4 bangers to a rear disc setup, or did the newer models come standard with it?
also, what do i have to do, i'm a mechanic so i've got access to all the tools, i just need to know if it's been done.:eek: :eek:
Same year LS model had em. You can swap over the necessary parts and should be able to get everything from a junkyard. Spindles and such. I'd get new calipers and rotors and pads of course, as anything in a junkyard is probably rusted to hell. People have done this swap plenty of times. Shouldn't be that bad. I'd try and find someone who did and PM them for details.

·
Registered
282 Posts
you can also use the parts off of a probe gt
i got them from a 96 pgt
the e brake cable is the biggest pain

·
Registered
26 Posts
yes its been done and its not hard

its unbolting a few bolts and slapping the new ones up..You'll need the new brake lines and ebrake lines... But if your interested in a set let me know give me a pm.. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts