Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little problem when I want to set the rear gear.
Sometimes it's doesn't clutch and you hearing a nice sound.
Sometimes I have to give a little fuel to clutch in.
Another time anything goes well.
Is this a well known problem or is the clutch not fine?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Are you talking about grinding when shifting into reverse? I double clutch mine when it feels like it's not sliding into reverse.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's grinding many times.
Double clutch doesn't even help.
Most of time driving a litle bit forwards and then shifting into reverse will do the trick.
This isn't normal, isn't it?

·
Registered
483 Posts
from what I have heard, is that the shifter bushings might be worn out and need to be replaced, I think you can lube the bushings if they are still fine. I know that putting the car in reverse gear is a pain sometimes because it won't want to go in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't think that I ever owned a car that the reverse went in smoothly all the time! I mean, it goes in smoothly 95% of the time but once in a while I have to double clutch... If it happens more than 5% of the time, yeah, there might be a problem...

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
nah... reverse gear isnt synchronized... this is why you have to be COMPLETELY stopped before hitting reverse... if all the other gears are hooking up smoothly, thats all it is... when you move forward, you change the alignment of the gear and it pops in... sometimes when im in my driveway, i just roll backwards slowly and pop it into Rev...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts